I am a roboticist. I work with the Perception Science Group at CSAIL, MIT. My research interests are mostly in tactile sensing, dynamic manipulation in clutter, grasping and in-hand manipulation, novel actuators and controllers for robots, personal robots. Check out some of my projects
I am also a co founder of Sastra Robotics and serves as the Technical Advisor now. Sastra builds robots to automate the functional testing of devices- ranging from smartphones to cockpit avionic panels.
In my free time I enjoy photography. Check out my Instagram
- Nov 2019 - Presenting a poster and giving a short talk on my recent work at the RoboTac workshop at IROS 2019
- July 2019 - Program Committe Member and Reviewer for the Advances in Robotics conference (AIR 2109) organized by Robotics Society of India
- June 2019 - My video covering the ICRA 2019 expo is featured by IEEE Spectrum
- May 2018 - Poster on the Modular Tactile Finger Accepted for ICRA-2018 ActiveTouch workshop
- May 2018 - A side-project - PulleyDrive got funding from ProjX under MIT Innovation Initiative and I am presenting it at ProjXpo-2019
- May 2017 - Presented my first paper at ICRA-2017, Singapore.
- May 2016 - Team Autobot wins the ICRA-2016 Humanitarian Robotics Challenge (HRATC)
Design of a Fully Actuated Robotic Hand With Multiple Gelsight Tactile Sensors PDF
Achu Wilson, Shaoxiong Wang, Branden Romero, Edward Adelson
(Under preparation for RA-L)
Design and Development of a Magneto-Rheological Linear Clutch for Force controlled Human Safe Robots. PDF
IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation 2017, Singapore, DOI:10.1109/ICRA.2017.7989076
Design of a Robotic Hand with Multiple GelSight Sensors
RoboTac Workshop, Sensors, International Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Systems 2019 Macau.
Gelsight Simulation for Sim2Real Learning PDF
ViTac:Integrating Vision and Touch for Multimodal and Cross-modal Perception Workshop
IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation 2019, Montreal
Modular, Whole Finger Tactile Sensing Gripper. Poster
IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation 2018, Brisbane.
- Robot Arm for Testing of Touchscreen Applications
Pub. No.: WO/2017/051263, International Application No.: PCT/IB2016/053292